- –Klang Moor Schopfe: Das Audio-Festival macht zeitgenössische Klangkunst hör- und erlebbar. Die zweite Edition bringt vom 30. August bis 8. September 2019 situations- und ortsbezogene Installationen nationaler und internationaler Kunstschaffender, Soundtüftler und Tonkünstlerinnen nach Gais AR.
- –Residence of three Swiss musicians together with the Egyptian Mazaher ensemble in Cairo and Fayoum. Intensive musical exchange and rehearsal with final concert in the Egyptian Center for Culture and Arts – Makan in Cairo.
- –The Norient Musikfilm Festival is back. After a year off, the 9th edition took place between January 10 and 13, 2019, in Switzerland (Bern, St. Gallen, Lausanne).
- –From October 18 to 20, 2018, Norient co-presented a research conference around popular music in times of global networks. Featuring Ali Gul Pir (Karachi, Pakistan) and Umlilo (Johannesburg, South Africa).
- In collaboration with the Rewire festival and Schauspielhaus Zürich Norient presents a new concert series with cutting-edge acts of today's pop music on the theater stage. Vol. 1 with Jenny Hval and Ben Frost; Vol. 2 with Aïsha Devi and Tim Hecker.
- –The ISM Hexadome is an immersive 360° audiovisual exhibition combining art and technology and features nine audiovisual performances and installations from international artists. Norient presents two of them.
- –For four days, the art and music space Reitschule in Bern turned into a center of the world: The 8th Norient Musikfilm Festival was an aesthetic journey through the politics of the body, mind and soul - a review in words, pictures and tweets.
- After London, Berlin, Cairo and Milano, we are excited to present our mixture of Live-Music and Music Discussions in South Africa. Join us in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, and follow up with our travel blog.
- –This PhD project by Hannes Liechti investigates sampling strategies in (experimental) underground electronic pop music and aims to contribute to a greater «Ethnography of Sampling» in music which still has to be written.
- –A vivid portrait on Dakars art scene, a eclectic world premiere, a brilliant video lecture on current underground pop and a sweaty club night. An electric journey to the city of Agadez (Niger), a disturbing documentary on music and war in Sudan, the first movie screening at Dachstock der Reitschule Bern and young, upcoming rock artists from Bern, Switzerland and many more.
- –The first Norient exhibition showed and discussed contemporary video clips, tracks and sound art from around the globe. It has been touring from August 2015 to February 2017 around Switzerland, Germany and Italy.
- –The 1+1 recording project by Norient and Sound Development aims to produce and document great tracks from upcoming and stunning artists worldwide and showcase them to new audiences in Europe. The main focus of the project lies in urban music from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
- –The 6th edition showed documentaries and experimental movies ranging from an ethnomusicologist in the jungle of the Central African Republic to experimental 8-bit Gameboy-musicians, and much more.
- –The 5th NMFF has broken all existing records: 1500 visitors, all blocks sold out, electrifying movies, stimulating discussions and an enchanting atmosphere at Kino Reitschule in Bern. The first Electro Sha’abi club night of Switzerland has proven, that this fast repetitive auto-tune sound also works very well in our latitudes.
- Audio-visual Stories around subcultural and experimental music in Africa, Asia, and Switzerland today. Thomas Burkhalter, founder of Norient.com – Network for Local and Global Sounds and Media Culture – mixes music, video-clips and quotes from his physical and virtual fieldtrips. – In two formats: Performance or Sound-Lecture.
- –Eine kleine Geschichte des Norient Netzwerks – oder: Eine kleine Vor-Geschichte auf das 4. Norient Musikfilm Festival, das vom 10.1-13.1.2013 in Bern stattfindet.